Are you a parent who needs support because your child has run away? Here are some resources that may assist you.

To help you find your child:

Missing Children’s Network Call 514-843-4333 or toll-free 1-888-692-4673. You can also visit their site.

To get support during this difficult time:

En Marge 12-17 (their Family services): Call 514-849-5632 or toll-free 1-844-949-7117. You can also visit their site.

To talk about all your concerns, at any time:

LigneParents: Call 1-800-361-5085 or visit their site.

To discuss a psychosocial problem with a qualified youth worker:

Info-Social: Call 811.

To receive services from the Director of Youth Protection:

Director of Youth Protection (DYP): Call the number for the region where you live, which you can find on their site. Contact the DYP to report a runaway or inquire about the services available.

You have rights. If you feel your rights are not being respected, check out one of these resources:

Commission des droits de la personne et des droits de la jeunesse : Call 1-800-361-6477 or visit their site.

Legal aid offices in your area: we suggest a google search using the terms « Legal aid office » + « your region » to find out who to contact.

If your child is staying at a rehabilitation centre (youth centre), you can also contact the institution’s committee of users, or the office of the local commissioner for complaints and service quality.

To help you deal with your teen’s running away, read the guide Revenir pour rester. The committee of users at the Montreal youth protection centre also offers several documents that are very helpful.

You can also check out the Resources to use before the child runs away and Resources to use during the child’s absence.